Going green today
For a stronger tomorrow
Through our CSR initiatives, we strive to address global environmental problems, while contributing towards the development of our society with programs such as Tree Plantation Drive, Tata Volunteering Week and more.
Tree Plantation Drives
- Tree Plantation and Mango tree distribution at Gargaon Gram Panchayat in FY 17.
- Tree Saplings are distributed at nearby Gram Panchayats, Schools, TMRCT in FY 18.
- Miyawaki Forest at Plot F8 (1500) and Kurgaon Colony (4500) in FY 19.
- Miyawaki Forest at TMRCT (4500), TWP-2 (1500), Plot F8 (500) & PWP (1500) in FY 20.
- Up to thirty times denser compared to conventional plantations.
- Up to 100 different native species can be planted in the same area.
- 30 Times better noise and dust reduction.
- Up to 30 times better carbon –dioxide absorption as compared to monoculture plantation
- Guaranteed growth of at least 1 meter every year.
- A completely maintenance-free, wild and native forest after three years.
- A completely chemical fertilizer free forest that sustains itself and supports local bio-diversity.
- GWI plants are well covered by greenery.
- Plot A6 & F8 have STP of 100 KLD capacity.
- 4 vermicomposting pits made using tanks that were not in use.
- Vermicompost ready to use as manure after 60 Days.
Installation of RO based Zero Liquid Discharge Plant at Plot A6
- WRM-W and SSP (Plot F8) is a Zero discharge plant. TWP-1 and TWP-2 (Plot A6) discharge effluent to CETP @450 CMD.
- The finest suitable technology of PTRO, WHE and ATFD finalised to reduce an effluent discharge to CETP to zero, by installing RO and ZLD plant of capacity 480 CMD.The finest suitable technology of PTRO, WHE and ATFD finalised to reduce an effluent discharge to CETP to zero, by installing RO and ZLD plant of capacity 480 CMD.
Solar Power Plant at Kurgaon Colony
- GWI planned to install a 1.5 MW solar plant at Tata Steel Officers Colony and consume power at plants through Captive Open Access.
- Feasibility study in progress by several solar panel suppliers, including Tata Power.
- Option of purchasing Renewable Power through Open Access is being explored as we purchase for PWP.
- Option for group captive solar farm in collaboration with solar plant manufacturing is available.